Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

first prenatal appointment

We had our first prenatal appointment yesterday and let's just say I was a whirlwind of emotions...I was super excited, but also worried that something may be wrong since I had been cramping on and off.  After doing some online research, the cramps would lead to two possibilities: 1) I had an ectopic pregnancy, which meant the baby was developing in my fallopian tube = not good OR 2) my uterus was contracting and expanding because of the new life it was storing.


I was quite relieved to see that it was #2 and all was well with our baby.  We were able to see the little fetus in my uterus and hear the heart beat! One word...EXCITING! Sean recorded it on his phone, so now we can listen to it whenever we want.  It's fun to have that option since we're still very much in shock and are trying to take in everything that's happened.

Based on my last cycle, the doctor estimated that I was about nine weeks, but based on the size of our little one, it turns out I'm just over seven weeks pregnant! So we have more time to take it all in and enjoy our baby's development along the way.

Here is a picture of our very first meeting with our baby love!


No comments:

Post a Comment