Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

our chunker

Friends!

I'm happy to report that the mobile and decorations from our previous post are hanging...woo hoo! Last week, I figured it was a good time to take the tags off of all of her bibs and blankets and wash them. They smell lovely and it's so surreal that in just a few short weeks, she'll be wearing those bibs and will be wrapped in all of the adorable blankets! On a side note, I just love the way babies smell, don't you?

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and it looks like we have a chunker on our hands! She's measuring at 6lbs, 10 ounces with about 5 weeks to go...yikes!  I've heard that there are times when the estimates are off and I'm hoping that this is one of those moments. Either way, she has a strong heartbeat and looks healthy, which in the end, is all this mama is concerned about. We even got to see her move it up a little bit since she is quite the active one, which was fun!

I'm feeling pretty good and trying to capitalize on how I feel by getting everything ready to go. This week, I plan to work on some more decorations for the nursery and start packing my bag for the hospital since I'll be full term in just two weeks [crazy]!  If I'm feeling up to it, I'll also try to get some things ready for the postpartum time. Since Baby Love is measuring ahead, there is a possibility that she may come sooner than later, although I'm not holding my breath. It will, however, give me peace of mind to know that everything is in order for the time she does decide to make her appearance!

6 comments:

  1. Well Praise God for a healthy baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is sooooo surreal! There's only five weeks left and I STILL can't believe there's going to be a little baby. I'm glad Baby Love is a healthy (happy) baby. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it IS surreal and it's happening sooo fast! Can't wait for you to meet our little mama! Love you too :)

      Delete
  3. Yay!!! Baby Warsaw is growing and healthy! Excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete