Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

the projects are underway!

This past weekend was definitely an eventful one and most of it was geared toward working on projects for Baby Love's nursery. Thanks to one of my most beloved websites, Pinterest, I had a vision of what I wanted to do in the nursery. Sean and I aren't very creative, but I thought it would be fun to step outside our comfort zone and try to channel the creativity :)

Although, we are not completely done, here are some of the pics of the things we worked on this past weekend, as well as some furniture we've gotten in the past few months that is up and ready to go for Baby Love!

This is the day the crib arrived. We couldn't get over how large the box was!
I couldn't wait to see the crib assembled, so we stayed up until about 1am putting it together. Isn't it cute?!?
The beginnings of the crib mobile
All finished



Another view of the completed mobile

The swing



Here's my wonderful husband assembling the pom poms that will hang in a corner of the nursery. He was much better at putting these together than I was!  


We were also able to paint and decorate each letter of the baby's name that will go above the crib. Since we're not sharing that until she's born, we'll have to wait to post photos of the letters! Despite the busy-ness of the weekend, I'm so excited to get everything hung and see what it looks like in it's place.

I think I've officially entered the "nesting" stage of pregnancy!


7 comments:

  1. I love it!! The crib is gorgeous! I really like the mobile. I'm excited to see the finished product--let me know if you ever need help or should I say if Sean needs help--you can't do anything!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! I'm still able to do SOME things, missy!! I will definitely let you know if we need any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute decorations, and I can't wait for this child to come so I can find out her NAME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy...you're hilarious. Soon and very soon!

      Delete
  4. Yea! Just stalked and found your new blog! Really cute projects :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rubs! I'm excited for you to see them in person. Love you too :)

      Delete